Fool4Thought

Friday, July 29, 2005

Goodbye NDU, Hello NTU

Good evening, its been a really long time since my last entry. I've just moved into Ntu hall 2 with my classmate and church mate eugene tan. I took some pics but wasn,t able to post it cause my digi cam got no battery liao. Anyway, the good thing abt hall 2 is its location. its quite near to the lecture theatres and engineering blocks which happens to be the course im taking. Sitting at the canteen A(the canteen nearer engine blocks), i realise Ntu is a multi-national sch. i look ard me and see ang mohs, indian nationals and of course pple from china. The number of foreign students in Ntu is amazingly high. It seems that we Sporeans are the minority, now that is exaggerated la. But i did feel that way a couple of times. i dun really have time to write, so i will type wadever comes to my mind... enjoy...

University education is definitely not cheap. at least to me. Besides paying close to 6K per sem, the are other miscellaneous fees like printing notes and buying textbks. I just paid 17bucks for a full sem's lecture notes, on top of that, it is recommended that we get textbooks for the subject which i will study for 11weeks? And then, maybe i can use the textbook as rough paper??? No la, prob i will sell it to other freshmen next time. anyway i will get the second hand textbook frm my seniors doing common engineering. I'm sure that will save me abit of money.

University education also trains a person to learn fast. Today, i attended my first econs lecture. Funny rite, engine students also need to take econs. Thats our elective by default. So they were actually teaching abt opp cost, marginal benenfits and demand and supply, economic welfare and surplus. all that in a 2hr lecture. I was shocked at the pace of the lecture and how brief the explanation was. But i guess i will expect more of that soon. Teach less, learn more they say....

ok thats all for now... need to go attempt my tutorials.. dun wanna da pao modules!

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home