Fool4Thought

Monday, October 02, 2006

The masks we wear

No posts here recently cause ive been so busy studying for tests and catching up with tutorials. Just wanna say something I've observed recently.
I have noticed that some pple have come up to me and try to pretend that they dont study and havent put in any effort to do their work. Then they try to persuade me not to study too. I know who they are, I can see the hypocrisy in their eyes.
I just cannot understand what they are trying to prove. Maybe someone should give them a golden horse award for best actor or actress. I mean why are this pple so afraid of admitting that they put in effort to study? Maybe they are insecure, they dont want pple to label them as muggers. Well, perhaps then they can work at Mediacorp next time or even play a role in Jack Neo's new film, I Not Stupid 3. Seriously, what wrong is there with studying hard for good grades?
These type of friends are far from encouraging, they make hard work sound like a crime. I should try to avoid talking to these pple lest i become even more judgemental about them or even worse end up an actor like them.
Anyone has any creative idea why these pple act this way?

3 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, October 04, 2006, Blogger sick and tired said…

    actualli, its veri common in schools today. they could have done that to make u let yr guard down so that they can score better than u. or they could have done that to save their "face" cos if they say that they studied hard but the results are disappointing, they may feel embarrassed. aiyah, dun need to care abt them, juz be yrself cos alot of people have been wearing different type of masks in society today.

     
  • At Wednesday, October 04, 2006, Blogger grassjelly said…

    sad. i accidentally deleted one super duper long paragraph i wrote.. SIAN!

    anyway, its the coolio factor la. what good way to impress people than to say "Wow! I didn't study and got 100%!!1!"

    Normally, i ask these people to fug off and die.
    cos i didn't study also, but i don't see myself getting the same marks as them.. LOL!

    Well, treat them as associates, not friends. life will be much easier this way

     
  • At Friday, October 06, 2006, Blogger Victor said…

    depression, doom and gloom, lack of love, insecurity.

    so many lor haiyoh.

    backside itchy?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home