Fool4Thought

Thursday, May 26, 2005

200 bucks a mth to prevent cancer. Is is worth it?

Yesterday, i went out with my friend for lunch at Lot1. We have known each other for abt 2yrs cause we only knew each other during NS.
So during our conversation he was telling me abt how he spends 100bucks a mth on this product which is supposed to prevent cancer. He was also trying to convince me to join his MLM(multi -level marketing) business which sells this product.


This is wat it says frm the website-Combined with your body's own defense systems, it has 40 powerful antioxidants and also promote total cell defense - giving you the benefit of maximum protection. Retail price per pack is 200+ bucks.

Researchers frm this company assert that anitoxidants(the gd guys) will neutralise free radicals(the bad guys) in our bodies by giving them a free electron.(I'm not too sure abt the science of this, but its along these lines) The free radicals are supposed to be harmful compounds which cause cells in the body to deform which eventually leads to aging and cancer for more severe cases. We are exposed to free radicals everyday, eg. smoke, sunlight. So by taking the product, the amt of antioxidant in our body will increase and hence neutralise the free radicals in our body. Of course, antioxidants are also found in natural sources like fruits and vegetables...

Well the company of this product has also developed a machine specially designed to measure the amt of antioxidants in ur body.
The range of antioxidants in ur body is btw 10000 and 50000. The last time my friend had let me take the test, my level of antioxidant was less than 10000(Way out of the normal range). The woman doing the test for me gave me a wierd look and asked me whether i drink and smoke alot. She must have been shocked by my score i think....

I feel that spending 100 bucks to prevent cancer a mth is abit too expensive. 100 bucks a mth is 1200bucks a yr... And that is only if u sign up as member. And there is no guarantee that u will not get cancer. What if u spend so much money on the supplement but yet u still get cancer in the end... That's my argument. Surely there are pple who smoke and drink all their lives but yet still not get cancer, whereas there are those who don't that also get struck with the disease at a age of 30+. My theory(In Hokkien) is,' A Dio Jiu Si A dio'(will get means will get). Its just like 4D, Toto and lottery. Just like how the Bangla who bought big sweep and won 1million Sing dollars. How many sporeans can ever earn 1million dollars in their life time? We can never predict wat will happen in our lives...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home