Fool4Thought

Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Post at Last!

Hey friends, finally posting something here in a longgggggggg time.

Anyway before I go on, I gotta post this picture. Please celebrate with me if u can,

















Champions of Europe once again. Can I say more? Hope you enjoyed it if you are Man Utd fan.

Was watching a video at night recently and my internet got cut off, wonder why...
Tried to restore it but it still didn't work till the next day, Coincidence?













Here's the link, http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5079206342978505621&hl=en. Watch it at and be your own judge, at your own risk though haha. Just kidding, Singapore is a democratic country right? At least I think it is :) Ok better stop all these before someone gets angry, roar!!!














Ok enough of politics. I should be thankful, and I quote my friend up there, Singapore is a 'Freak of Nature' and should never have gained independence. 'You did not live in a time where you had no jobs and nothing to eat'. Blah blah blah, go read the straits times and his recent case with the Chee Siblings for more details. Its always the same old argument everytime his integrity and power is put in the spotlight.

Anyway I've been thinking about this question, How patriotic are Singaporeans? Seems like so many surveys have been conducted these days but this topic is hardly raised. On a scale of 1 to 10, my patriotism level is a 3. Simply because I don't feel at home in this country and there is always someone to replace me if I leave. Besides, my friends in school are getting scholarships and a citizenship even though they don't serve National Service for 2 years. How can anyone be patriotic? Given a chance, I'll leave for a better place, I'm sure they(the govt) can get someone to replace me. But Spore has its good points though, Stable Rich Economy, Safe, Plenty of Jobs, government saves for you, good enough if you want to live a simple life. But its getting crowded over the years and I feel it in the train everyday. Please Circle Line please come quick!

So enough of Spore, time to move on to what's happening in my beautiful life:

Ending my attachment soon with this company,







and heading back to China, I mean India, no Vietnam, ah whatever,











Anyway, Thanks to this company for giving me a great leaning experience in regards to networking and how cables are installed in buildings. Also how to deal with crafty main contractors like those from Singapore Technologies Electronics Engineering(STEE). One thing I've really learnt throughout this attachment, email is a powerful tool for making friends and enemies. Always CC to your client's Boss to make sure things get done! Sounds evil but sadly its a tool to motivate people to work. Great work culture in Spore eh.

Made some great friends along the way, will kinda miss talking to the Malaysian Floorman Ah Liang, here's a nice pic of him to appreciate him if he's reading, and his favorite phrase to me: 几够力啊你们新加坡人!















Talked alot to him while he was on-site and kinda remembered one thing he told me and I'm not making this up to make myself look good:
"Hey RJ, 你是我第一次看过最不骄傲的新加坡人,大多数的新加坡人都很骄傲的lei."
Hmmm, are we really? Never really seen it from a Malaysian's perspective. Maybe it was cause we won ownership to Pedra Branca that day.
哈哈哈!现在你知道新加坡是几够力的吧!我们不是开玩笑的!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home